I need support with this Psychology question so I can learn better.
Psychological trauma is:
The same as stress
The emotional strain caused by situational pressure
An event that causes someone to behave dramatically
The emotional response to an event that threatens a persons safety
2. True or False: It is easy to recognize dissociation in children because they are typically very good at describing their feelings and experiences.
3. Which of the following is true regarding attachment following a traumatic event?
Children should feel attached to everyone they meet.
Attachment can be damaged so that the child cannot connect with others or creates inappropriately close bonds with everyone.
To help children have healthy attachments, it is important to not have boundaries.
When children have trouble with attachment, adults should support the avoidance of close emotional bonds.
4. Which of the following would NOT be included in a suicide prevention plan?
Triggers for suicidal thoughts
A list of people the child can depend on for support
Action plan to keep the child safe
Clearly stated punishment for threatening suicide for attention
5. True or False: Resilience is a person’s ability to adapt to adversity or hardship in a healthy way.
6. All of the following are true about culture and trauma, EXCEPT:
Understanding the familys point of view can help in treatment.
Families from certain ethnic groups may not feel comfortable seeking help outside of the family or community.
Culture only plays a minute role in how children heal from trauma.
It can help to involve community leaders (i.e., clergy, etc.) in treatment.
7. If you notice that you “take your work home with you” or maybe even have some PTSD symptoms of your own, it is a sign that:
You chose the wrong field.
You need to ignore these feelings.
You need to take care of yourself by relaxing, spending time with supportive people, and/or engaging in leisure activities.
You should quit your job.
8. Which of the following is NOT a symptom of PTSD?
Positive thoughts and mood
9. Which of the following is NOT a way you would build safety in the environment?
Making children face triggers so that they can work through distress by themselves
Showing children all the ways they are safe
Knowing childrens triggers for feelings like fear, anger, and shame
Helping children know the difference between dangerous and safe situations
10. Which is NOT an example of how to teach children appropriate boundaries?
Helping children identify good and bad touches
Practicing setting and respecting boundaries through role-playing or daily interactions
Forcing children to hug people you think they should trust
Helping children recognize what level of physical contact is appropriate for different types of people
11. The first step in controlling painful emotions is:
Labeling feelings with words
Punching a punching bag
Avoiding anything that might make the child upset
12. If for 2 or more weeks, a girl feels sad, loses weight, believes she is worthless, and has thoughts of suicide, she should be evaluated for:
Oppositional Defiant Disorder
Major Depressive Disorder (MDD)
Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Acute Stress Disorder
13. Which of the following is an example of a childhood traumatic event:
Sitting through a rainstorm with thunder and lightning
Watching a violent television show
Listening to parents have an everyday argument
14. When reading a book to a boy, he says, “Bad things always happen — even in books.” You respond, “Bad things sometimes happen. Let’s look at the good things that also happen in this book.” By responding this way, you are trying to help the child:
Address negative thoughts.
Establish a routine.
15. True or False: Stress can be related to short-lived events like receiving a poor grade on a test, and it also can be longstanding if problems persist over time.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more