Welcome to your first End of Module Assessment.
For this assignment, you will bring together the important points and concepts of the Module by responding to a series of short-answer questions. If you choose to use outside sources for information, be sure to use only reliable Internet sites (.edu, .gov, .org, mbari, NatGeo, Smithsonian). You may also use scientific articles. At the end of the assignment, be sure to cite the source(s) that you used to answer the question(s).
Please submit a .docx file.
You can answer these questions. A paragraph is not necessary.
1. a. List layers of rapid changing with depth of the following: 1) salinity 2) density 3) temperature .
i. What is the name of the layer that rapidly changes in salinity with depth?
ii. What is the name of the layer that rapidly changes in density with depth?
iii. What is the name of the layer that rapidly changes in temperature with depth?
b. List the 6 most abundant ions. What ion is the most abundant ion in sea water?
c. What is the average salinity of seawater?
2. List 3 examples of how the salinity of the ocean can change (be sure to explain how–i.e., the process).
3. List the three primary lifestyles used to classify life in the ocean. Give an example of an adaptation each group uses to survive.
4. Using concepts from Module 1 (HINT: especially the M1.3 lecture), explain how energy flows through an ecosystem in Tampa Bay. What is the energy source, who uses this energy and what do they do with it, where does the energy go from here, and how much is lost through each trophic level?
5. What do you need to calculate a carbon footprint?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more