I’m working on a philosophy multi-part question and need a reference to help me study.
1. Explain the reasoning by which Socrates attempts to demonstrate that the soul exists after death (that it is not dissolved and scattered). (78b-80b)
2. What objection does Simmias raise to Socrates’ argument that the soul is not dissolved and scattered when it leaves the body? (85e-86d) What objection does Cebes raise? (86e-88b) [In each case, try to summarize in a sentence the alternative view proposed by the interlocutor.]
3. Socrates’ response to Simmias’ objection is in four parts. Explain them. (92e-95a)
1. What kind of explanation of how things come to be, perish or exist did Socrates first believe Anaxagoras would offer? What kind of explanation did Anaxagoras actually offer? Why was Socrates disappointed? (97b-99c)
2. Explain the manner of investigation Socrates uses. (99e-102a)
3. Explain Socrates’ response to Cebes’ objection. (102b-106e) [Try to follow each of the key moves Socrates makes. How does it all add up?]
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more