I’m working on a Psychology exercise and need support.
Please explain in a paragraph (of at least 4-5 sentences) how the temperament of a child can impact the attachment formed with a caregiver. Specifically, how might the parent-child attachment formed differ for a child who is easy going compared to a child who is fussy?
Please explain in a paragraph (of at least 4-5 sentences) how the temperament of a child may impact their ability to achieve the first “crisis” of Erickson’s Psychosocial Developmental Model.
2. Initial Post (300 words)
- Were you surprised at how alike and different these two women were in the video? Explain why in 2-3 sentences.
- Which do you think plays a bigger part in who you are today—nature (your genetics) or nurture (your environment and how you were raised)? Name at least one of your traits or characteristics that you think you inherited and one you think came from your environment.
3. Reply Posts (2 100-word posts)
- Do you agree or respectfully disagree with your classmates’ posts? Can you kindly offer another academic suggestion or some different insight? Remember, read and reply respectfully to two classmates.
- REPLY TO MY CLASSMATE :by DaLisha Muschette – Wednesday, January 20, 2021, 5:12 PMAfter viewing the video of the twin women, I am not totally surprised that they have different favorite colors, and smells. But on the other hand the women look alike and talk alike. The women stated in the video that they are two different people even though they are identical and they have separate lives and that’s not a bad thing at all. That is why the nature or nurture concept plays a major role in our development.In my personal opinion I believe that nurture plays a bigger role in who I am today. I was raised by my mom and she always taught me to answer her with ‘Yes’ and not ‘Yeah’. This is something that I have taught my daughter as well, because it is important to raise a respectful young lady. My mom is a caring and loving person and I think I get that from her. Her signature is her smile everyone that meets her always say, every time I see you know matter what you have a pretty smile on your face. I have been told on numerous occasions that I have a pretty smile as well. So I just think to myself ”well I must have got that from my mom”. Although genetics plays a role in who I am, I look exactly like my dad but have some of my mom features like her smile, dimples and hair. My environment plays a bigger role for me. I am a loving and caring person, my work ethic is impeccable because I’ve seen my mom work hard and do what was needed raising two kids as a single parent. I would not be who I am today if my mom didn’t guide me and teach me. Now I am able to teach my daughter how to respect adults and to be a loving and caring young lady.
- REPLY TO MY CLASSMATE by Lyneika Thomas – Sunday, January 24, 2021, 10:38 PMMy Birth StoryIt all started on February 14, 2014 my daughter’s father and me. We went to Applebee’s for dinner and I started to feel contractions, but I did not say anything to him. I went home took a shower 5 times then at 3am I woke my mother up and told her it was time for us to go to the hospital. I did not want to rush to the hospital because I was just there two days before for my high blood pressure. When we arrived to the hospital, they took me to the labor room to get me prep for the birth of my daughter. Hours went by and my blood pressure was still high so at 7:05am my doctor came and broke my water. After that the contractions started to come harder and harder. I had my mother, brother, and cousin in the room with me to keep me calm. My dad and baby father were in the waiting room. My brother and mom left out the room to get some food but by time they made it to the 1st floor they had to come back up stairs because it was time for me to start pushing. My cousin called the doctor and nurse in the room at 12:20 and I started pushing at 12:25pm I pushed my daughter out at 12:35pm. When I hear my daughter first cry tears started running down my face. I was excited to meet her. Ever since February 15, 2014 my life had changed, and I have a beautiful, smart little girl. She means the world to me.