Need help with my Psychology question – I’m studying for my class.
First, find, open, and read the pdf articles by scrolling down past the questions in this window. The article is in blue ink, click on the title.
To submit your answers, scroll further down to “Assignment Submission” and then click the rectangle that says “Write Submission”.
Please do submit in the text field and try to avoid uploading a file because I can give feedback on the actual writing.
Also, Please Do not submit your answer in the section beneath that, which is titled “Additional Comments or Feedback.
FORAGING FOR A LIVING
!Kung (is technically the language, but also refer to the people who are also called San Bushmen or Dobe Ju/’Hoansi) use a click language. Where you see a ! or a // or a ≠ it is a click or knock sound.
1. Gathering mongongo nuts:
a. How many mongongo nuts (in days of eating) did the women gather compared to the men?
b. How many hours did it take them to gather the nuts?
a. How many different plants do the !Kung eat? give the total number and breakdown of fruit,
nuts, gums, . . .
b. How many hours of labor does the average adult spend to acquire a week’s worth of food?
3. What does the author, Lee, mean by writing “The Ju typically occupy a campsite for a period of weeks and eat their way out of it.?
4. Other than being the most desired food (presumably for its taste) what other reason is written for why the value of “steak is paramount”, and why?
5. What are the four types of Ju/’Hoansi hunting techniques?
THE INUIT PARADOX
6. What is akutuq made from, and what is it commonly called in english?
7. How were traditional Inuit able to eat enough vitamin A and vitamin D, even though in our own culture, we get vitamin A from carrots and other vegetables that Inuits didn’t have, and vitamin D is something we normally get from sunlight and cow’s milk, which again, Inuits were always bundled up in clothes and didn’t have cows?
8. What is scurvy, and what do Inuit (Eskimos) eat in order to prevent it from afflicting them?
9. What did Stefansson discover about a high protein diet, which contributed to the Atkins diet?
10. According to Cochran, what are the physical, social, and spiritual aspects the Inuit receive when they go out to catch their food?
Once you are done answering all questions, click “submit”
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more