I’m studying for my Political Science class and need an explanation.
For 3 points, write up to 300 words to justify the case for one side of the following debate
Pro: All too often, legislation supported by majorities in both the House and Senate is
thwarted by procedural means like the Hastert rule and the filibuster. A good way to
correct this problem would be to give the president authority to require a yes or no vote
twice a year on a piece of legislation he or she deems essential. This wouldn’t apply to
everything, but rather to just truly important matters. In the 21 st century, patience with
essential legislation is a luxury that good governance cannot afford.
Con: Giving the president authority to require a yes or no vote on legislation by
Congress would violate the sacred principle of separation of powers in the USA.
Congress’s independence from the president, and its ability to be very deliberative and
cautious in enacting legislation, have proven key to protecting Americans from the worst
abuses of government. It would be a mistake to override normal congressional
procedures by giving presidents the right to fast-track special legislation.
For 2 more points, write a response of up to 150 words to something posted on the
other side of the issue
discussion Post Expectation
– Clearly state which side of the debate you are on.
– Provide at least 3 arguments for why you chose the respective side.
– If you have difficulty in coming up with 3 arguments, provide additional examples that illustrate your understanding of the debate topic and support your view on the debate.
– Stick to the debate at hand. While background to the issue is important, keep it concise and focus on arguing why you chose the respective side.
Response Post Expectation:
– Respond to someone who has the opposite stand relative to your view.
– Provide at least 2 counter arguments referencing the arguments made by the person you are responding to. Don’t just say that you do not agree with their point of view. Support your disagreement with appropriate counter arguments (at least 2)
– If you have difficulty in coming up with 2 counter-arguments, provide additional examples that counter the view of the person you are responding to.
Write everything by ur own words. Give me ur answer in one day and reply in one day. Ur answer must follow the format. No reference plz.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more