I need an explanation for this Psychology question to help me study.
The use of eyewitness testimony during a criminal trial continues to be an important real-world application of research in psychological science. This research, in combination with other advancements in science, have led to the development of organizations working to free wrongfully convicted and imprisoned individuals in the United States. In many instances, the wrongful convictions were dependent upon faulty or erroneous eyewitness testimony.
The Innocence Project is one such organization seeking to fulfill this mission. Visit their website at https://www.innocenceproject.org/about/ (Links to an external site.). Take some time and read their list of successful cases where they assisted in freeing wrongfully convicted individuals from prison. Find one that may have relied on faulty eyewitness testimony to secure the wrongful conviction. You can also venture outside of the Innocence Project and find a different example of an individual freed from prison after discovering that their original conviction was based on faulty eyewitness testimony.
Share the following information with the class by replying to this discussion:
1) Name of person wrongfully convicted
2) Crime wrongfully convicted of
3) Amount of time spent in prison before being released
4) Provide a brief overview of how the original conviction relied on faulty eyewitness testimony
5) Do you think the results of decades of research on memory, and more recent applications to eyewitness testimony, could have prevented this wrongful conviction? How?
6) If you are called to serve as a juror in a legal trial where the prosecuting attorney’s case is dependent upon eyewitness testimony, how will you use what you have read in Module 3 to help you evaluate the accuracy and reliability of the eyewitness’s testimony?
Take some time to read your classmates’ replies to learn more about others who have been wrongfully imprisoned based on erroneous eyewitness testimony. Comment on at least two others’ posts.
Please note the following guidelines when you post to a classmate’s contribution:
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more