I need an explanation for this Social Science question to help me study.
Assignment: Write a 6 page, typed, double-spaced analysis of a feature-length film of your choice (NOT A DOCUMENTARY), applying course concepts to the movie.
Structure: The first 1-1/2 pages should be a summary of the movie The next 3- 3 ½ pages should be analysis, where you apply course concepts to the movie. Finally, write a concluding paragraph that brings the concepts together.
Concepts: Here are some suggestions:
1. Utilize the following three concepts to summarize the movie: Marx’s theory on alienated labor, deterrence theory of crime, Deferential Association theory Edwin Southerland, anomie-strain theory Robert K Merton, Classic Control Theory Ivan Nye, Labeling Theory Howard S. Becker,
2. Refer to both lectures and readings.
3. Choose the most applicable concepts: Some movies have obvious course concepts should be included. For example, crime dramas should include a theory of deviance.
4. Choose difficult concepts: Some course concepts are harder than others. For example, Marx’s theory on alienated labor is a lot harder than the deterrence theory of crime. I would rather your try something difficult and come up a little short than to nail something relatively easy.
5. Be concise: The more analysis you can put in the page limit, the better.
6. Show that you understand the sociological concepts COMPLETELY: For example, don’t just say “the main character is adapting to anomie-strain by innovation.” Explain anomie-strain theory, define all the modes of adaptation, and then show how the character is adapting through innovation.
7. DO NOT WRITE A SIX-PAGE SUMMARY OF THE MOVIE; To be honest, I’m not really interested in the movie, I am interested in the sociology you learned.
8. Cite Sources. You cannot get an A without citing sources.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more