I don’t understand this Business Law question and need help to study.
The concept of judicial review was pioneered by the United States.
Some maintain that one of the reasons the doctrine was readily accepted
in this country was that it fit well with the checks and balances
designed by the founders. Today, all established constitutional
democracies have some form of judicial review—the power to rule on the
constitutionality of laws—but its form varies from country to country.
For example, Canada’s Supreme Court can exercise judicial review but
is barred from doing so if a law includes a provision explicitly
prohibiting such review. France has a Constitutional Council that rules
on the constitutionality of laws before the laws take effect. Laws can
be referred to the council for prior review by the president, the prime
minister, and the heads of the two chambers of parliament. Prior review
is also an option in Germany and Italy, if requested by the national or a
regional government. In contrast, the United States Supreme Court does
not give advisory opinions; the Supreme Court will render a decision
only when there is an actual dispute concerning an issue.
(1) Research judicial review in either: (1) the countries mentioned
above or (2) any other country (Switzerland, Australia, Japan).
(2) In your own words, write a minimum 250-word post:
(a) describing the laws/statutes/rules/court cases governing judicial review of the country you chose;
(b) describing the judicial review process;
(c) finding an example of judicial review protecting human
rights from the country you researched (here is a helpful website: https://www.coe.int/en/web/impact-convention-human-rights/ (Links to an external site.)); and
(d) proposing at least one action (that is not already in place) that the country can take to better promote human rights.
1. Please use reliable and credible search engines (please do not use Wikipedia).
2. This website has great information on research skills: http://lib.usfsp.edu/sb.php?subject_id=136086 (Links to an external site.).
3. I suggest using either Westlaw or Lexis-Nexis which can be found under Databases once you log into the USF Library network.
4. Don’t hesitate to ask a Librarian for assistance (https://lib.stpetersburg.usf.edu/RIHome/allguides (Links to an external site.))!
1. You may use the APA, MLA or Turabian format. For information on how to cite your research, please visit this website: https://lib.usfsp.edu/Citations (Links to an external site.).
2. Please put your citations into your assignment. The citations do not count towards the word count.
Your work will automatically be assessed for plagiarism using Turnitin (https://www.turnitin.com/ (Links to an external site.)). I would suggest putting your work through a
plagiarism checker, such as Turnitin.com, Easybib.com, Grammarly.com,
plagiarismdetector.net, etc., before submitting the assignment.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more