Write a 750- to 1,050-word Lab Report (see Appendix C) that describes the results from the Phototropism Virtual Laboratory.
Read Appendix C, which has headings required in a scientific report: These subject headings and sections includes an introduction, a materials/methods section, a results section, a discussion section, and a conclusion.
Follow directions in Appendix C to complete the paper.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Direct Quotes are limited to 2 small quotes (less than 40 words).
Include all references and in-text citations – all should be formatted in APA style. Include an in-text citation for each paragraph, and include a references section. Assignments with either of these missing will be considered plagiarism and will not be graded.
Remember, you used the virtual lab as a resource.
University of Phoenix Material
Appendix C: Organizational Requirements for Phototropism Virtual Laboratory Paper
Introduction: Provide readers with the experiment’s background information, and present the hypothesis in 2 paragraphs. The introduction must be written in the present tense. Include the following points:
· Discuss the difference between growth and turgor movement in plants. Define phototropism and gravitropism, and explain the fundamental mechanisms of each movement. Indicate why studying tropisms are important for plant science.
· State your hypothesis of how meristem movement occurs in plants in response to sunlight. Explain how your hypothesis will be tested. In 1 to 2 sentences, explain what you expect will happen, and include at least one alternative outcome.
Methods: In 2 paragraphs, describe how the phototropism experiment was conducted. Include the following points:
· Experimental design: Describe treatments for the test seedling and positive and negative controls. Why does the experiment include all three treatments? What does each treatment allow you to understand?
· Data collection: How did you collect data? Over what time period was it collected?
Results: In no less than 2 paragraphs, describe the results. Include the following points:
· Begin with a 1- to 2-sentence summary of your findings.
· Include the graphs generated from your spreadsheet. Your graphs must be labeled. Summarize the results discovered in each graph, and compare results.
Discussion: In no less than 4 paragraphs, describe your findings, and consider their importance to plant science. Include the following points:
· Summarize findings. State whether your hypothesis was supported.
· Explain how phototropism occurs. Include at least one explanation from the text. Do your results allow you to support the explanation with 100% certainty? Why or why not?
Conclusion: Offer a summary of your findings. Indicate how this experiment will help scientists understand phototropism. Offer at least one example of what still must be learned about phototropism.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more