Help me study for my Social Science class. I’m stuck and don’t understand.
This writing assignment asks you to write a short paper analyzing Rosa Fong’s film, Deconstructing Zoe (2018) by answering ONE of the following of prompt questions below. In addition, please draw upon materials from assigned reading and in-class discussion. For this assignment, you must write a 3 page (maximum 4 page) essay answering one of the prompt questions below. Your essay should be neatly typed, double-spaced (with one-inch margins and 12 points font; be sure to number your pages). More important, please structure your essay around a thesis statement, and organize your visual analysis and discussion of two specific scenes from the film into a cohesive argument.
This writing assignment requires no research beyond reading David L. Eng’s Introduction to Racial Castration: Managing Masculinity in Asian America. Also when appropriate, please reference Eng’s article in proper footnotes (or endnotes) in MLA style. There are many different styles of footnotes and endnotes. Please use the Chicago Style of footnotes and endnotes
Note: Please keep the following questions in mind as you answer one of the prompt questions below: Who are Zoe/Chowee and Ivan Heng? What nationality are they? Where were they born? What is their ethnicity? What are their respective professions?
1) Discuss the metaphors of the orchid flower and bonsai that are used by the actors in the film, namely Zoe/Chowee and Ivan Heng, to represent racial, sexual and gender stereotypes. Do you think these are apt metaphors? Do you find their internalization of these stereotypes empowering or self-victimization? If so, why and if not, why?
2) How do Zoe/Chowee Loew and Ebonknee/John identify their respective gender and sexual orientations? Why, according to Zoe and perhaps Ebonknee, the more femme one becomes do “straight” men expect one to be the more phallically dominant? How does Zoe define “transgender”? Why do “straight” men love transgender women? Do you think these “straight” men’s love for transgender women, especially Asian and black transgender women, are sincere? Or, is this part of another racial and sexual fetish?
3) Discuss how effective the multigenre (i.e., plays, folktales, interviews) approach is to storytelling and how it contributes to the multivocality and perspectives on gender, race and sexuality in the in the film. Note: please be specific in your answer by pointing to specific scenes and voices.
4) How are Asian men represented sexually in the West? Why, according to Zoe, are Asian men marginalized by white gay men? Why, according to Zoe, is being a transgender Asian man more empowering and provide more acceptance than being an Asian man in a white world? How does living in an increasingly “gender queer” or transgender tolerant society help to ameliorate this intolerance and marginalized situation?
5) This question is an opportunity for you to frame your own argument and interpretation of Rosa Fong’s film. What do you think are some of the shortcomings of the film?
Note: If you choose to answer question #5, please be sure you have a clear and strong argument and be able to substantiate your argument with specific scenes, voices, and characters from the film.
See attachment for detailed instruction and class reading
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more