I’m working on a Social Science writing question and need support to help me study.
Discussion Post with two replies and assignment
I will provide class login so you may view the video lecture and write two replies to other students
Please write a minimum of three paragraphs (paragraphs should be 4-8 sentences in length) for your first post (original post: this cannot be divided into multiple posts– the 7 points is based solely on the first submission, whether blank, partial, or full: make it count!) should describe the similarities and differences between shaman and priests, including the types of societies in which they are found.
Write three thoughtful replies to three original posts that stood out to you.
What discussion is used for in this course:
1) Engaging, meaningfully, with classmates regarding the content of the course.
Learning more than you knew before entering discussion, this happens by reading and considering classmates’ post content and working to consider what you learned while completing the readings, videos, Quiz and Topic Assignment. Did classmates see some of the content differently? What stood out to you? Why? You may use some personal reflection here!
2) Showing deeper understanding of terms and concepts, rather than reiterating superficial information from the textbook.
3) Reflecting on the material (in your original post) and your classmates posts (in replies) and how the information you’re gathering, through the course materials or classmates’ posts, have added to your knowledge or challenged you to think about something we are learning in a new way.
4) Using course terms and concepts to show comprehension. Showing you understand means being able to explain the relationship between case studies (examples) of various cultures covered in class to those course terms (usually bolded words in the textbook) and concepts (usually headings or subheadings in the textbook).
Note: Grades are based on your ability to convey what you’ve learned in your own words, without quotes. Verbatim content will not earn points, but may result in a loss of points (no quotes, please!). This is where you explore what you’ve learned- make the posts your own!
Be sure to read carefully. Where asked to describe, you must actually explain with detail. Lists or bullet points will not be accepted for full credit. Please use full sentences and support any statements or claims that you make with course materials.
Use the text box at the bottom to number, then reply to each of the questions. Where sub-questions exists, please follow the format provided in the question (bullet point, letter, etc.).
As always, scores are contingent on students using their own words.
Use the grading rubric (on the top right) for further grading criteria.
From the article, “The Dark Side of the Shaman,” by Michael F. Brown, from “Shamans Through Time,” by Narby and Huxley
1) What is Brown arguing in the article? Provide a statement from the article to show what you mean.
2) What is the purpose of discussing the “romantic” perception of shamans that those in Santa Fe, New Mexico hold? What is the reality of shamanic life among the Jivaro Aguarunas?
3) What shamanic roles and identities, as well as social perceptions of shaman overlap with the text and lecture discussion of shamans? Please identify each, and then provide an example of the ones you list.
From the textbook and lecture
4) How does a priest differ from a shaman?
5) Describe the role of priests as political leaders in Zuni society. Please use specific details from the readings.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more